Monday, April 4, 2011

Artist of the Month

My featured Artist of the Month is Jared Steinberg. I met Jared about four years ago through a mutual friend. We got to talking about art and I went by his studio to see his work and loved it. Jared sometimes describes his style as "Modern Impressionism". He works in both acrylic and oil and the colors are unbelievable - very vibrant and engaging. The most intriguing thing to me is the story his paintings tell. Many of his works contain two or three different scenes, leaving the viewer wondering about who the characters are to each other. When I ask Jared what he was thinking when he created the painting, he will say, "What are you thinking when you see it?" He loves to hear my interpretation. Sometimes it matches his and sometimes it doesn't, but he loves to discuss it and always has a sly grin when I "get it." Jared is very modest, but I can tell you he is shaking up the Denver art scene with his work. He was featured in 5280 for his "Slices of Denver" collection. Jared just called to tell me he is working on some new things and can't wait for me to see them. I am lucky to call him my friend and art associate. Cool guy, cool paintings. Check out his gallery page on this website and contact me if you want to set up a studio visit to meet Jared and see more of his work.