Monday, April 4, 2011

Work of the Month

The Work of the Month I have selected is a small painting titled, "Pear" by watercolorist Jean Brodie. Check it out in Jean's gallery section of this website. It is a small but powerful painting. Approximately six inches square, it has the impact of a much larger work. The colors are incredible and the balance and composition are remarkable for such a small canvas. I would love to own this painting myself. Jean Brodie is one of my favorite people. I met her through her husband Mark who is also an artist. Jean is a smart, witty and interesting woman who has made a significant contribution to art through her teaching career and is now treating the art community to her own works. Jean is a great artist and a great person. To see more of Jean's collection, contact me to arrange a studio visit.